Nasal congestion is very exasperating! You have to open your mouth simply to breathe. At times, the congestion is so bad that you can’t sleep because you feel like you wouldn’t be able to breathe at all.
Infants with nasal congestion have an especially hard time. Breastfeeding can be an nightmare. When a mother breastfeeds her infant, frequently the baby’s nose is pressed up against her breast. If the child is already congested and having a difficult time breathing through her nose, the situation could be downright dangerous.
Luckily, there are many steps that you can take to avoid nasal congestion.
1. If you don’t get the proper sleep, you’ll have a leaning to get nasal congestion. In order to avoid that, always get your complete eight hours of sleep. If you are tired from too much work, taking a nap or even a few minutes of rest can help. If you work out of your home, you are in a perfect position to take breaks. You’re your own boss, don’t overwork yourself.
2. Snoring is another reason that can cause nasal congestion. Snoring causes the epithelial tissues to be injured. Nasal congestion will be a consequence. Tell someone in your household to wake you if you snore so that you don’t end up with congestion.
3. Sleep apnea is a state where you stop breathing for short periods of time during your sleep. This can also cause nasal congestion. If you have chronic nasal congestion, this may be a source.
4. Filt can be irritating to the mucus membranes. Sleeping in a clean house can aid you sleep better. The furniture in your home should be clear of dust.
5. Food allergies can be a cause of nasal congestion as well. How? The tissue inside your nose (the mucus membrane) is connected to numerous blood vessels. Food allergies can cause puffiness in your body. The dilation of the blood vessels in your nose and throat can cause nasal congestion. This sort of reaction usually happens about an hour after eating. It can last for a number of hours. Check which foods trigger your allergies.
Nasal congestion can be quite harmful. It can even be life-threatening. Don’t wait until you’re congested — make these simple life adjustments now. There’s no rationale you have to struggle with nasal congestion any longer!
Filed under: Solve Problems